Wednesday, September 17

Never in a million years...

I admit, it has been a very long long time since I've posted in my blog. In fact so long, that many life changing events have happened. (Please bear with me, there will be pictures.. lots of pictures)
The big one being that I am newly single and loving every moment of it. At first I didn't. Realizing the love of your life is leaving you and there is nothing you can do to fix it, is a hard thing to deal with it. But knowing that every day your heart grows a little bit stronger and there is light at the end of this tunnel, makes everything that much bearable. Not to mention allowing that time to really focus on your life and what you want out of it. Honestly, I think it couldn't have happened at a better time. Now that I look at it, I needed her in my life at the most critical moment in my life. Now it's time for a new life, with a new journey. One of those new journey's was a trip to Seattle, I got to visit my whole family out on the coast, and visit with a friend from college I hadn't seen in several years. It was amazing.
This right here is my first Great Niece, Jacelyn Nicole.. Which is still weird for me to say. 

How could I not be in Seattle and not got to Pikes Place. I could live here. It was like coming home for the first time in years.
And I met up with this crazy dude and his girl. Zach is one of the many people that inspires me in my life. It was great to meet up with him and Gillian. Both awesome and talented people. 


These are just a few random pictures from my trip. I very much miss this city and I can't wait to be back. Who knows, I might end up moving out there ;)


That pretty much sums up last year. Though I saw one thing end, I saw another thing begin. Nothing can compare how beautiful life is when you see the bigger picture. 


Now 2014 has proved to be a year of not only self discovery (like every year should be) but many new friendships and new adventures. I have managed to go to 6 shows this year, which every single one was amazing. Because of them I've got to meet the artists that make me love music that much more and proved to me that anything is possible. No one can ever take the music away from me. 
Kinda a of a bad pic but this is Classix

I almost shat myself seeing this.. of course now, my WIFI is called this. haha
Toro y Moi

That one time I saw Miley Cyrus

My concert buddy for Miley... 

My favorite red lipstick partner in crime


Cibo Matto!!!!

The crew at Crescent Moon


The night we went and saw Har Mar Superstar... Cimma kinda geeked out a little 


One of the many things I was able to finally do this year was go to Denver. My old college stomping grounds. It was quite the trip. I met up with my favorite Denver peeps and partner in crime Jenee. She showed me a part of Denver I never imagined and we got to catch up from being a part so long. She makes me want to move back.. but maybe right now I'll settle for a few more visits. She also went with me to get my newest tattoo. It was like old times. 

Bloody Mary's with Miss J




If you get this, you get a cookie!



The main reason I went to Denver was to see Cage the Elephant, What a great time. And I didn't know till recently that they filmed the WHOLE show... still haven't seen it, but would be awesome to get to see myself lol


I also saw Uh Huh Her and Kim Ahn 




For my birthday I went and did a meet and greet with The Pretty Reckless... Taylor Momsen looks way hotter in person. The opening act Heaven's Basement has become a new favorite band. 

Despite all the shows, I did catch up with old friends and friends that are more like family. Without them I wouldn't have made it through all the other things that could have easily made me crazy. One thing that I find important, is having those in your lives who will stand by you no matter what and help you through the darkness. I want to be the kind of person to help you with all that I have and hope that those close to me, will do the same.  We only have one life, why not make it matter, even if it is just for one person. :)







This summer was one for the books. I may have done a bit of partying but it was all worth it because summer is about fun. Something I hadn't done in a long long time. Thanks for all the memories!

And to finish off this post, now that you've been scrolling past all these pictures (which I did warn you), I want to tell you that no matter what comes my way, I will always stand up for what I believe in. I will do what I think is right and will help others on their path to greatness. I know I am only one small piece to a puzzle, but no matter what, we are part of something greater. Imagine what we can do together, if we set our differences aside and make a change. 
We got this. 


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love all the pics