Thursday, February 10

Not all cookies are baked the same...

If only everything life was as simple as that. Everything the same. But thats not how we were made now is it. Just like every recipe. You could be making Sugar cookies you look through your cook books or online, and you can find several recipes stating it's the "Best Sugar Cookie Recipe", or the "Original Sugar Cookie". And though you've made them several times, the cookies you made last week might have a different temperature or baking time from the ones your making now.  Almost goes to show, that not everything is created equal. I myself have come to terms with the idea, that even though in my minds eye I believe I'm this great person, when in reality I'm no different then Joe Blow over there.. but I am. I'm as different as I was yesterday as I will be tomorrow. Always changing. Almost like my cookies. Even thought I could use the same recipe, every time it might be a little different. One flavor might be more pronounced then it was last time. And they might go a little faster.
It seems to me that there is a lesson to be learned here... Maybe that in reality everything is perfect because we are unique. I myself, take pride in not being your average person. I break all the rules that life throws my way. And no one tells me something I can't do. It just gives me a reason to do it.

Now laugh at me what you will, but one of my many hero's is Lady Gaga, she, to me, is the essence of being unique, and though many people are bored with her (that just means they have gotten use to her), she is still pushing the limits, and bringing back creativity into the entertainment business. As well as giving a voice to those of us who need a voice a little louder then our own. On the eve of her new single I leave you with one of my favorite videos, one that I'm sure you have all seen many a time, but I just want to take a moment to relive one of the many moments when I knew something I wanted to accomplish in my life. A music video showing off the creative mind and talent that my life holds...


No comments: